Our Statement of Faith
We believe in living out our Christian faith as effectively as possible, making an impact on those who do not know the great news about Jesus Christ.
We believe we should share that good news of Jesus, equip people in their faith journey and see them live their faith out, in the world.
As a church, we believe that…
There is only one true God - creator and ruler of the universe who eternally lives in three manifestations (Holy Trinity) – the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
2. The Bible (Old and New Testaments) is God’s inspired and infallible word to all men, written by human authors, under the supernatural direction of the Holy Spirit. It is the ultimate source of truth for Christian faith and living.
3. God made all people, male and female were created in His image to radiate His love, holiness and care for all His creation but were corrupted by sin, which unleashed divine anger and judgement.
4. Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God (true God and true man), and was supernaturally conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, and lived an impeccable sinless life.
5. Jesus Christ offered Himself as the perfect and final atoning sacrifice for the sins of all men by dying in our place on a cross; in effect defeating sin and death, so reconciling us with God.
6. Jesus Christ resurrected three days later, appeared to many in His gloried body demonstrating His power over sin and death. He ascended into heaven, where he now sits at the right hand of the Father and is now our High Priest and Intercessor.
7. Sinners are justified exclusively by the grace of God through faith in Christ. Salvation is a gift from God to man provided by the shed blood of Jesus Christ and His resurrection. Man can never atone for his sin by good works but by receiving Jesus Christ as God’s offer of forgiveness and release from sin’s penalty. Eternal life begins the moment one receives Jesus Christ into his life by faith.
8. The Holy Spirit convicts the world of sin, of righteousness and of judgement, and brings about the new birth of sinners and indwells them, guiding, instructing, and empowering them for godly living and service.
9. Baptism by immersion soon after salvation symbolises the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus and is your public declaration of death to sin and resurrection to a new life. In addition, although baptism is a prerequisite for salvation, it is a biblical command and validates one’s love and submission to Jesus Christ
10. Holy Communion, or the Lord’s Supper, is an ordinance given to all believers by our Lord Jesus Christ as a memorial to his sacrifice for us and symbolises the new covenant. The elements of bread and wine or juice are symbols of Christ’s broken body and shed blood and all true believers and only believers should share in it.
11. Jesus Christ will return to earth in power and splendour to reign as King of Kings and Lord or Lords. He will raise all people to judgement – bringing eternal life to the redeemed and eternal condemnation in hell to the lost. He will then create a new heaven and a new earth.